Friday 13 August 2010

Back once again....

That's right, I'm back! Or at least, I'm going to try to be.

Where does the time go?

So, sine my last post, a fair few things have happened. I passed the BVC with a VC...somehow, and will soon get to call myself "barrister". Woo!

I failed to get pupillage (despite a valiant effort, or something along those lines) and am left with the same despondency as last year. In fact, I got less interviews which suggests a huge failure on my part somewhere on the form; something I intend to try and correct for next year which I think may be my last. I fear I may not be up to the required standard, and with the ever passing time am unlikely to improve my advocacy. I did once again reach second round, though fell at that hurdle.

So, with that in mind, I ploughed on with the summer and into the ever rough sees of the job market. I secured myself some short term work at a solicitors though it has now dried up. Good for the bank account, good for the CV. Win win!

I've also bagged myself an internship at a reputable place, which I hope will bolster my applications for the future. I'm considering becoming an appropriate adult, though it a term that has probably never yet been applied to me. Adult...sometimes. Appropriate...almost certainly not.

It's going to be a hard few months from a financial perspective. I've managed to line up a little part-time work locally which should just about see me through. Does anyone know of ways to secure internship funding? Most bursaries that I found required me to submit applications long before I had even interviewed for the position. God know's how I will even pay for Call night attire.

So, that's the quick catch up. Lets see if I can stick at this a little better second time around.

I hope I still have a few kind readers left to notice my return into the blawgging fray.

Oddy.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Oddy,

    Good to see you back again (I hope you stick around), Congrats on the VC, and I hope you get the work/financial situation sorted out.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your result! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the result and bad luck on the pupillage front, glad you're going to try again though :) Well done getting some local work too - at least it's some cash flow in these terrible times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel on the old job/money front.
    I am unemployed for the next year and am shitting myself. Various work opportunities at the time looked good, however now it looks like I may be working in Mc Donald's.. and not even in their legal department!!

    Respectable internship eh? I wonder if its the same one I did, which I didn't particulary enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! good to be back. Lost, would be interested to know what yours was...drop me an email!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Odysseus your Back once again.... is truly great blog Keep this update Weekly & thank for sharing this blog.....???
    Law Degree Courses

    ReplyDelete